It’s that time of year!
Chill out Sundays made better with Paglione’s Merlot!
- 2 slabs baby back ribs, trimmed of excess fat, about 3 pounds
- 1/3 cup Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 strip thick cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 heaping tablespoons honey
- 2 heaping tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- 2 green onions, chopped, for garnish
Lush, plummy, velvety wine, with notes of dark chocolate, lower in tannins and acidity than Cabernet, smooth finish.