It’s Dad’s Day!
Make Dad’s day with help from Black Bear Farm!
Papa’s Special Reserve served with a juicy barbecued steak.
Today is all about Dad! Cheers!
Local Essex County produce compliments of Lee and Maria’s Market. Buy Local
- 1½ to 2 lbs (750 g to 1 kg) flank steak
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) honey mustard, such as billybee brand
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) peanut or olive oil
- ¼ cup (50 mL) white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) honey mustard
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (50 mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (50 mL) finely minced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 12 to 16 cups (3 to 4 L) mixed greens such as romaine, radicchio and baby spinach
- 8 to 10 fresh strawberries, sliced, or 1 cup (250 mL) fresh raspberries 1 mango, peeled, cored and diced
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) toasted slivered or sliced almonds
This wine is our Dad’s favourite as it is a unique special blend of red and purple raspberries made from the finest hand picked berries grown here on the farm. Named for our Dad this wine became famous when it earned a Gold Medal at the 2009 All Canadian Wine Championships. This wine has become a popular after dinner wine.