Be dessert wine ready for the most wonderful time of the year with Black Bear’s Purple Raspberry Fruit Wine.
Cheers, Santa is coming!!
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
By: Lucy Waverman
- 3 cups (750 mL) flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking soda
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups (375 mL) corn oil or canola
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) puréed cooked carrots
- ¾ cup (175 mL) grated carrots (Carrots from Lee and Maria’s Market)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese at room temperature
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Juice of half a lemon (optional)
This is our second edition of purple raspberry it is a hint sweeter and slightly higher in alcohol.
It still has the unique flavour that the purple raspberry is known for.
It is a great choice for that special meal, dessert or on it’s own as a night cap.
Bronze, 2015 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
13% alc./vol. 500ml $20.00